Monday 22 April 2013

"Priceless" labels - An English Lesson



Her weekly homework time, on top of the ones she receives from school is from a very fun workbook I found in WH Smith called "Enchanted English" series from Letts (publisher). In this chapter, they are teaching the grapheme "a-e"/"o-e" ( as in "take", "make", "rope", etc.) and referred to it as the "Magical e" which changes the sound of the original word.

(The Grapheme o-e or a-e)

Then later in another section, they asked to "try writing labels for these objects". And she happily put on her own "labels" -as in the ones you see in the supermarket shelves. I had a good laugh when I saw it because you can't actually fault her because these are proper labels, isn't it? Anyway, I had to ask her to correct these by adding the "magical e" words next to her very special "price labels". I still love the Price Label ideas  more, but a girl's gotta learn what a girl's gotta learn, isn't it?



(Shean Wenn's intepretation of "labels" - aka "price labels")



On another unrelated story : One morning I thought hub's choice of work clothes matched Shean Wenn's uniform. So I made them take a photo together. You can see hub is really not in the mood to entertain my request, but have kindly obliged anyway! 


(Daddy and daughter with matching attires)





1 comment:

Melissa said...

I don't think she's wrong either, she just interpreted the instructions in a different way. So cute in their matching outfits - she looks like she's grown a little since I last saw her :)

 

tsulin + + All Rights Reserved Ros Designs