Monday 29 September 2008

Miso-madness!

I've gone miso-mad! Last week I was browsing recipes online and read a few recipes using the japanese miso paste. So during the weekend, which is when we do our grocery shopping, I bought myself the ingredients needed to cook a few dishes with the miso paste.

I couldn't wait for Monday to come (because Sunday we had dinner plans with friends) to cook my miso dishes!

For lunch, I cooked this simple recipe which I read from petite fleur's blog - The Spicy Miso Ramen with Char Siew (Original recipe from Rasa Malaysia). I substituted Ramen with Udon because I am an udon person (I can eat udon everyday and not get bored with it!). There are a few ingredients that I didn't put in because I didnt have it in my fridge/cupboard - The char siew, the fish cake and chili oil (I used the chinese version of chilli oil instead, which is something that I am hooked on anyway!!).

The result was ok because I believe I did not put enough Miso paste into it (I basically copied down by writing instead of printing because hub's laptop is not connected to the PC and missed out on the measurements).

For dinner, I scoured around for a pork dish. I found one which I thought is interesting in YongFook's "Open Source Food" website. The recipe was prepared by this guy who doesn't look japanese! But, I still thought it looks pretty interesting (and simple!) - he called it Twice-cooked meat. Recipe here.

Another picture-less post brought to you by Tsu Lin.

4 comments:

KC Tan said...

Yummy , I am also a fan of Miso i.e. Grilled Eggplant with Miso Paste. ... Cant stop myself from ordring that every time we walk into the Jap Rest...

Rasa Malaysia said...

Aiya why no pictures? I am sure it was very good that you forgot to take pix. ;)

Tsu Lin + + said...

KC Tan : Hehe... I actually had the Spicy Miso Udon again today, with salmon sashimi! (I won't be having it again tomorrow because I ran out of udon.... )

Rasa Malaysia : **gasp** Thanks for dropping by. There are no photos because we have not replaced my laptop and am using my husband's (company) laptop hence not being able to upload photos. But yeah.. second time around, the recipe turned out DELISH! So delish I am dreaming of eating it again soooooonnn...

Anonymous said...

alamak...no pictures..hard to imagine:P

 

tsulin + + All Rights Reserved Ros Designs