Friday 28 August 2009

SW @ 26MO : Milestones

28 August 2009

Actually alot of these milestones were achieved few months ago but I did not have the time to record it on the blog. The video below is to show her latest developments since we (Meng & I) don't really take alot of videos of her, this will serve to remind us of her milestones from 20-26 Months Old.

PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
Height : 85cm (as of 25 Months Old) which is at the 25th percentile.

OTHER MILESTONES
Shape recognition : She can recognise the basic shapes such as triangle, circle & rectangle. As for square, she will usually say it is a rectangle but we are currently working on this.

Colours : She knew her colours way before she turned two. Now her colour recognition not only includes primary & secondary colours, ie orange, purple, green, she also knows pink, black & white. (Colour experts out there, what do these colours fall under?)

Alphabets : She can visually link the alphabets with what the alphabet is for, for example if you show her letter "H", she can tell you it is for HOUSE. Sometimes she will point to a letter on the keyboard & tell me what it is for, how very cute!

So far, I have managed to teach her "The letter A is for Apple...." from A to F. Also, she only knows the letters in capital. She hasn't recognised, or should I say, has not been exposed to the small-caps yet.

Minding her manners : In some parts of the video, you may hear her saying "Yes, please." Or "Yes, mummy", etc. This is because before this, sometimes when I ask her a question, she just kept quiet and I do not know if she understood me, and if she wanted what I asked her. So I sat down with her and told her if she wants something that I ask her about, she should reply me with "Yes mummy" or "No mummy" and if she wanted something, she must ask witha a "please". And voila, the next day, she started saying her please and her replies. :)

Enjoy the video! HAPPY LONG WEEKEND! To both Malaysia & the UK. And to my brother, Happy Birthday to you, I'm truly blessed to have you as my only & most beloved brother. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive milestones! Bravo SW! *clap* *clap*

sooyin said...

Oh Tsu Lin, she's absolutely adorable...wanna hughughug!! Good job, mommy!

cglow said...

she's getting cuter by the day! and one day she'll thank mummy for all the detailed documentation of her baby years.

Har har i wish my mum and dad documented how i become this BIG!

 

tsulin + + All Rights Reserved Ros Designs