Thursday 19 August 2010

Preparing for kindergarten : Outdoor uniform

It's August already! Time surely flies.. but usually time feels like it's flying faster during summer because there are just so much to do everyday. In a month's time, Shean Wenn will be starting her first day in Kindergarten. I've been psychologically preparing her for the big day and she seems very excited.

I remind her constantly :

- If any of her friends hit or scold her, she needs to inform the teacher ("Which teacher, mummy?", she asks) and also she should tell me about it at the end of the day. I know kids sometimes play rough but I'm trying to prepare her so that she does not get bullied in school. Of course, she isn't too "siu cheh" that anyone who touches her will spark her off... (so far, she isn't like that.)

- Potty training has been going well so far with her but sometimes accidents happen. So I told her if she has pee-ed or poo-ed in her pants, she should ask for help to change into new ones. I kept reminding her to wash her hands after she goes to the toilet too!

- Outdoor play : From experience, I know she likes playing with water outside so I remind her that if during play time, she has wet her clothes, she should ask to be changed into dry clothes.

The kindergarten that we enrolled her is based on the Steiner-Waldorf philosophy and they put alot of emphasis on learning through play and also stress that kids need to have ample time outdoor with nature. So come rain or shine (except during thunderstorm, i think but UK seldom have thunderstorms), summer or winter, they will spend their mornings outside playing in the garden. Shean Wenn knows the set-up of this kindergarten pretty well because I bring her there for playgroup since she was about 9 months old, so she will not be having culture shock when she goes there next month.

For a start, we will be putting her for 3 half-day sessions. However, as she has outgrown the red Ferrari outdoor attire I bought for her 2 years ago, I was looking around to buy her another suitable one. My friend Jessica who has a daughter in this kindergarten pointed me to the right direction and I bought a "bib & brace" type of waterproof attire for her - she chose the colour & pattern! She chose a PINK one, naturally!

When the attire arrived, I taught her how to put it on so that on her first day of class, she will know what to expect.

These are some of the photos of her wearing her outdoor attire. She'll be having loads of fun outdoor! :)


The only regret I have is having to miss her 1st day at school! Daddy will be sending her off and my friend's nanny will collect her and take care of her until Meng picks her up.

2 comments:

mun said...

Shean Wenn looks so happy in her outdoor attire. She must be so looking forward to kindergarten!

chip-pea said...

Nice bob TL! Good idea about asking SW to asked to be changed to dry clothes if they are wet. I must tell Tobey that too.

 

tsulin + + All Rights Reserved Ros Designs